Action cards enable users to run actions through buttons on a board.
You can add these actions to a board if its source model contains them:
You must be in designer mode to add an action card.
Note: You can publish an action card without any actions on it or save the page as a draft until you're ready to add the actions.
Action cards enable end users to complete a set of actions, such as those required to complete a business process.
Suppose an end user needs to upload data from different accounting systems, then export it for use in a report. You can add an action card with import and export actions to the Additional insights panel.
This enables the end user to click the import buttons to perform relevant imports. After an import, data on the worksheet updates automatically. The user then clicks the export button to download the data.
If you know users will perform a specific sequence of imports and exports, use a process action. This enables users to perform a sequence of imports and exports through a single action.
Alternatively, you can add an action card with a form to the Additional insights panel on a worksheet. Forms enable users to add new list items to data. For example, if a user needs to add a new account to a board, you can add a form to enable them to enter the data manually.
Add an action card
To add an action card:
- In the Add card section of the Cards panel, double-click the Action tile, or drag it onto the board.
By default, the card displays, full width, at the bottom of the board.
- Click Configure action or click the Edit (pen) icon for the card.
The Card configuration panel opens on the right with tabs for Overview, Actions, and Manage.
The Cards panel no longer displays.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Expand any list of existing Imports, Exports, or Processes available to your page.
A list of the available actions displays.
- To narrow the list of available actions, enter part of an action's name into the Find... field under Add actions.
The list narrows to those actions with names that contain the typed characters.
- Toggle to the right each action you want to add.
The action now displays on the card.
- If you want to add a notification to the card, click the Create dropdown and then select Notification.
If you want to add a form to the card, click the Create dropdown and then select Form.
- Optionally, further configure your action card and actions from the Manage tab.
- When you finish editing the board, save the page as a draft or click Publish.