Ensure you're in the new modeling experience and you're familiar with how to build a model in Anaplan.
To create the historical data module:
- Create a new module that includes a time dimension and a list of IDs as rows.
For the ID list, you can use an existing list of SKUs or items.
Optional: You can import time dimensions if you need a custom time.
- Create a new line item as a column.
- In Blueprint, format the line item as a number.
The line item is for the numerical historical data which the forecast uses to base the predictions on.
For example, your historical sales.
- Import data into the module and check that the fields map correctly.
Ensure your module only has one column for line items, and a row for time dimension, ID list, and the numerical data.
- We recommend you create a view that includes these dimensions:
- Time (Time)
- List of IDs (item_id)
- Historical data column (Line items)
You can run the export action from this view, even if you make changes to the module.
- Configure an export action.
Ensure the export CSV file has column headers to represent each line item in the module.
For example: timestamps, IDs, and target values.