Converts a date parameter to a time period as result. The time period is determined by the time scale of the result line item.
- x: Date
|Input Format||Output Format|
The function uses the following arguments:
- x: Date: Hard-coded date, date variable, or line item
The function has the following constraints:
- Source must be date-formatted
- Result must be time period-formatted
- Result must fall within the Time bounds of the model
- No Excel equivalent
Period Month = PERIOD(Date)
- where the result (Period Month) is time period-formatted as Month and the Date source line item is formatted as Date.
Period Quarter = PERIOD(Date)
- where the result (Period Quarter) is time period-formatted as Quarter and the Date source line item is formatted as Date.