If you are using Excel Add-in version 3.2, follow this procedure to create a connection to a saved view.
Note: Version 3.2 creates read-only connections only.
Before you begin, ensure you have a blank worksheet open in Excel.
To create a read-only connection from an Excel worksheet to an Anaplan saved view:
- In Excel, select the starting cell where you want your data import to begin.
- Click New on the Anaplan tab.
A drop-down list displays.
- Click Read-only connection.
The Connect your worksheet to Anaplan dialog displays.
The number of the starting cell, that you selected in step 1, displays in the top right of the dialog.
- Select a customer from the Select a customer dropdown.
- Select a workspace from the Select a workspace dropdown.
- Select a model from the Select a model dropdown.
You can search for a model in the Search models field and select the model from the search results.
- Select a saved view from the Select a module or view dropdown.
Search for a saved view in the Search for modules or views field and select the saved view from the search results.
Expand the module list that contains your saved view and select it.
- Click Next.
The Preview dialog displays.
The dialog informs you that For this connection, pivot dimensions in the Anaplan model to reorientate data.
To pivot your data for a saved view, ask your model builder to do this in the Anaplan model and to save the view there.
Once completed, you can then refresh your connection in Excel to view the reorientated data.
- Click Finish.
The Creating connection dialog displays, and Anaplan data is loaded into the Excel worksheet.
You can now view and edit the data in Excel.