Quick Filter enables you to reduce the number of data items displayed on dashboard grids without needing to understand the multi-dimensional aspect of the model. Quick Filter is available from the Quick Access toolbar, or from the context menu on rows and columns on dashboard grids.
- add a single Quick Filter to each column or row;
- show or hide all the blank cells in a column;
- show items based on the criteria that you specify;
- filter a row that displays a line item subset;
- apply a Quick Filter to a master dashboard or a personal dashboard and save that dashboard where Personal Saved Dashboards is enabled;
- create one Quick Filter for each .
On dashboard grids, List Filters are replaced by Quick Filters. The List Filter option in context menus is replaced by Quick Filter options. Existing List Filters are not converted to Quick Filters. Existing List Filters are available from the dialog.
Quick Filters are independent of standard filters and a series of rules govern the way in which the number of visible cells is reduced. Quick Filters:
- support one filter per column or row;
- are always combined with Filters using AND logic, regardless of the way in which the standard filters are configured;
- cannot be disabled but you can use the Clear Quick Filters option;
- are cleared when you pivot a grid;
- can only be applied if there are no standard filters that are disabled. You must first clear or enable standard filters that are disabled.
When filtering a list-formatted line item, the standard filter always displays every item in that list. However, the list items displayed in Quick Filter are dependent on any choices made previously. For example, selecting EMEA from a list of regions will cause Quick Filter to display only those countries in that are in EMEA.
You can't apply a Quick Filter to a column when rows contain line items. These are examples of valid selections:
- a column containing the Time dimension when rows contain a list;
- a row containing the Time dimension when columns contain a list;
- a line item in a .
Quick Access toolbar
The Quick Filter dialog displays when you click the filter icon on the Quick Access toolbar. Select a column heading to display the Quick Access toolbar.
Quick Filters are always available regardless of whether standard filters are enabled in Menu Options in the Dashboard Designer.
Filter dropdown menu
Click the dropdown icon next to the filter icon to display the filter dropdown menu.
Different options display in the Filter dropdown menu depending on the data type of the selected column. You can:
- create a Quick Filter to Show zeros or Hide zeros if the selected column or row contains numerical data;
- create a Quick Filter to Show blanks or Hide blanks if the selected column or row contains textual data;
- create a Quick Filter to Show true or Show false if the selected column or row contains checkboxes;
- display the Quick Filter dialog to Show items that match criteria you specify;
- select Clear Quick Filter to clear the Quick Filter on the selected column;
- Clear All Quick Filters;
- select Filter Overview to display an overview of your Quick Filters for columns or rows;
- display the Filter dialog.
Quick Filter dialog
Click the Filter icon to display the Quick Filter dialog.
The Quick Filter dialog displays.
If you make an invalid selection for Quick Filter, this message displays:
In the Quick Filter dialog you can:
- create a Quick Filter;
- view an existing Quick Filter;
- remove an existing Quick Filter.
Quick Filter icon
The Quick Filter icon provides these indications:
There are no Quick Filters applied.
Quick Filters are applied and either: no standard filters exist; or standard filters exist and are enabled.
A filter icon at the top of a column or beginning of a row indicates that a Quick Filter is applied.