To set your model calendar for your forecast horizon:
- In Model Calendar, select one of these options for your Calendar Type:
- Calendar Months/Quarters/Years
- Weeks: 4-4-4, 4-5-4 or 5-4-4
- Weeks: General
If you choose this option, go to step 5.
- Weeks: 13 4-week Periods
Your data collection timescale is based on this selection.
- Select your fiscal year settings, including the Current Fiscal Year.
Use this as a basis for how many past and future years you select in steps 3 and 4.
- Select the Number of Past Years to match the time length of your historical data.
- Select the Number of Future Years so this covers the length of time you want your predictions to cover. That is, your forecast horizon.
It's important that this selection covers the whole length of the forecast horizon. This ensures your predictions can import into your forecast results module.
Go to step 6.
- For Weeks: General:
- Select the start date for your historical data time period.
- Enter the total number of weeks that cover the time period of your historical data plus the length of your forecast horizon.
- Select your current period from the dropdown.
- Complete any other fields, and select Apply.
If you need to predict for a different amount of time, make sure you return to your model calendar and adjust the settings to match your new forecast horizon.