Map charts display data on a map. To aid comprehension, the data can be color-coded by region.
This page explains how to:
- Download Map Chart regions and codes
- Create a Map Chart and publish it to a dashboard
- Define Chart Options
- Change a Page selector using a Map Chart
Before you can generate a Map chart, you need a list of regions to contain the data, providing a basis for generating charts.
Anaplan provides these region lists:
- Australian states and territories;
- Canadian provinces;
- European countries;
- French departments (mainland only);
- New Zealand regions;
- Russian federal districts;
- USA states;
- World countries.
You can Download Map Chart Regions and Codes for use with Map Charts as .csv files. This downloads a .zip file that contains multiple .csv files to your browser's Downloads location. For other Anaplan downloads, see the Downloads page.
Once you've downloaded the map regions and codes, you need to create a list that relates to the regions that you want to base your map chart on. Then, import the .csv file that contains the relevant region codes.
- Once you've downloaded the map regions and codes, create appropriate lists; import the relevant .csv files; and generate map charts:
- Create a module using the regions list.
- Pivot the grid to place regions on rows and line items on columns.
- Optionally, color-code the map chart: click the Conditional Formatting button on the toolbar, and then select New Rule to set up a new rule applying the required thresholds.
- Highlight the column containing the data on which to base the map chart:
- Click the Charts button on the Anaplan Toolbar and select Map Chart; or,
- from the View menu, select Create Chart from Selection then Map Chart.
The Chart Options dialog displays.
Choose appropriate values in Chart Options.
- Click Publish to Dashboard and select a target dashboard.
The Chart Options dialog box enables you to customize a map chart:
- The Map Type dropdown enables the selection of different regions.
- Show Region Labels will display region labels on the map.
- Region Labels Source displays the dimensions to choose from to generate the chart.
- Publish to Dashboard enables the selection of a new or existing dashboard to which the map chart will be published.
- Create a dashboard containing a map chart and the grid used to generate that chart.
- On the grid, select Pivot from the View menu and specify the regions as a page dimension.
- Open the Dashboard Designer and, in the Selection Options section of the Properties panel, click Synchronize Selection to update the data dynamically when an alternative combination is selected on the dashboard.
- Click Save & Exit Dashboard Designer.
Click a region on the chart to change the page selected on the grid and display the data for that region.