The Delete Branch action can be used to delete an entire branch of a hierarchical tree, or just the immediate children, by selecting the item at the top of the tree. It deletes one or more items from a specified numbered list. Delete Branch removes the specified items, and all descendent items in all child hierarchies, as well as all associated data. It can act on leaf or aggregate-level items. Delete Branch cannot delete the "top-level item", which can be specified for a list that has no parent list. The items to delete are inferred from what is selected on a dashboard grid, or in a list.
The Delete Branch action can be applied in two ways:
- All levels— also known as a 'deep delete'. If selected, the Delete Branch action will delete the parent, all descendent items and all data.
- Immediate children only— deletes the parent and immediate children only. Any levels below this will remain.
Only items to which a user has write access can be deleted. If there are read-only items in the user's selection, the read-only items will not be removed. If none of the selected items are writable, Anaplan won't proceed with the delete action.
Setting up a Delete Branch action
- In the Action tab in Model Settings, click the New Action button and from the list presented, select Delete Branch.
- In the Button text box, type the label that will appear on the button.
- On the Delete from list, select the list that you want to delete items from.
- On the Level to delete list, choose All levels or Immediate children only and click OK.
- If you want to make this action available as a button on a dashboard, in Settings click Actions.
- On the View menu click Publish to Dashboard and select a dashboard. The Dashboard Designer will display with the button at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Drag the button to the required location.
- From the Dashboard menu, click Save and Exit Dashboard Designer.
Use the Delete Branch action
You can edit a delete branch action at any time in the Actions tab in Model Settings.
- Select an item from the parent hierarchy of the list that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Branch action button. A confirmation dialog displays.
- Click OK to continue with the delete branch action.