Sort Order can be ascending or descending. To set the sort order, see Sort data.
Sort Order follows these formatting conventions:
- For text and list data types, the sort is alpha-numeric: blanks, then punctuation marks, then numbers, then A-Z. This order can be reversed.
- For dates, the sort order is blanks then earliest to latest. This order can be reversed.
- If values are tied, the sort order is based on the default order in the list.
- If a column contains a mix of data types, each data type is considered as a separate group and the sort is applied within the group.
- For composite hierarchies, each level of the hierarchy is sorted separately.