Chart Options provide workspace administrators with the ability to customize the configuration of charts. Different options display, depending on the kind of chart created.
A simple chart, such as a Pie or Line chart, will show options to configure the Series color, Legend and Data Labels. More complex charts, such as Combination charts, provide additional options to configure the type of chart and axis locations. TimelineChart Options enable the date range to be altered.
All Chart Options are similar in presentation and many options are common to all chart types. For the purposes of illustration, these are the chart options for a Combination chart.
The Chart Options dialog is split into three sections Series (1), Axes (2), and Labels (3).
You can hide the sections by clicking on the down arrowhead to the left of the section name. The detail for the section will roll-up into the heading. Click the arrowhead again to display the detail.
- To change the chart type for a series, select an option from the dropdown list next to the series name.
- To change a series color, click the colored box, next to the series name, and select an alternative color from the palette displayed.
- To change which series displays on the right axis, select the Right Axis check box for the series. To display a single axis on the left of the chart, deselect the Right Axis check box for all series. The values on the left axis will then run from the lowest value across all series to the highest value. To display a single axis on the right of the chart, select the Right Axis check box for each series.
- Where there are multiple series types, choose whether the bars in a Column or Area chart are:
- Clustered: a separate column for each series type — does not apply to area charts,
- Stacked: a single column or area shows the value of each series type, differentiated by color, or
- Percentage: a single column or area shows the percentage value of series type, differentiated by color.
- Axes titles are blank by default. Enter a Left Axis Title and/or a Right Axis Title, if required.
- By default, the Chart Title is blank – administrators can enter up to 60 characters, including white space.
- There are five options for the Legend Position: Bottom, Top, Left, Right, Hidden.
- It’s also possible to choose whether to Hide Value or Show Value for each series.
The Publish To Dashboard button publishes the chart to a new or existing dashboard.