When you assign a workspace to SSO, all users become SSO users by default. Once SSO is set up, exception users can log in using SSO or log in using the standard login mechanism at the Anaplan URL: https://sdp.anaplan.com/frontdoor/login.
- users who run v2 and v1.3 APIs and authenticate using basic authentication
- support situations
To assign a user as an exception user, clear the Single Sign-on checkbox for that user in the Users tab within Settings.
Enforce SSO Authentication
By default all users are assigned as an SSO user. If you need to enforce SAML SSO authentication for an exception user so that they can no longer use the standard login mechanism at the Anaplan URL:
- Click Settings > Users
- Select the Single Sign-on checkbox of the exception user user for which you want to enforce SSO.
- If you have more than one workspace, repeat this step for each workspace.
Troubleshoot display of the Single Sign-on checkbox
When you enable SSO authentication in your workspace, the Single Sign-on checkbox column may not immediately display. If the checkbox column does not display, close the model and reopen it.
To display the Single Sign-on checkbox column in your model after enabling SSO:
- Navigate to Model Management > Tasks.
- Close the model, then reopen it.
The Single Sign-on checkbox column displays in the model.
To display the Single Sign-on checkbox column in all models in your workspace, have all your users logout from Anaplan to unload the models. If the Single Sign-on checkbox column does not display, contact Support.