The Anaplan v2.0 Integration API lets you use Anaplan's public REST API as an alternative to Anaplan Connect, the Anaplan's API client command-line utility.
The Anaplan API Guide and Reference provides introductory information and the details for a programmer writing an application that performs any of the following:
- Import data to bring data into Anaplan
- Export data to get data from Anaplan
- Run Process to use a container for a sequence of imports, exports, and/or delete actions
- Delete data to remove obsolete data
- Read and update metadata for model objects
See Use the bulk APIs for how to use Anaplan APIs to perform data actions. See Use the transactional APIs for how to read and update metadata.
For more information on API calls in addition to these actions, see:
- the v2.0 integration API reference (https://anaplanbulkapi20.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the authentication service API reference (https://anaplanauthentication.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the v1.3 integration API reference (https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the audit API reference (https://auditservice.docs.apiary.io/#)
Anaplan API Requirements
To make best use of Anaplan APIs, you should be familiar with RESTful APIs and the specific requirements for the API action you are performing.
REST APIs use predictable resource-oriented URLs, accept form-encoded request bodies, and return JSON-encoded responses. Note that a JSON object consists of an unordered set of name/value pairs and as such, you should never rely on the ordering of elements within a JSON object.
To use Anaplan APIs, you need:
- the Anaplan workspace ID and model ID for the action you are performing
- the Anaplan model object IDs, for use with Anaplan transactional APIs.
To import data with the Import actions, you need:
- a file to import into Anaplan and know where the file is located in the file system
- the ID of your import definition
- to be the user who created the import definition. You can only import using the Import definitions you have created.
To export with Export actions, you need:
- the ID of your export definition
To delete list items with Delete actions, you need:
- the ID of your delete action definition