Anaplan supports multiple administrators working simultaneously on the same dashboard in Dashboard Designer. There are a range of options to consider when saving your work, and these will change depending on the number of users making changes to the dashboard.
Single user making changes
When you make changes to a dashboard, you’ll notice that the dashboard name is displayed in blue italic font with an asterisk at the end of the name.
If you're the only person working on the dashboard, you can click either the Save or the Save & Exit button on the dashboard toolbar to save your changes.
If you don't want to save your chnages, either click:
- the Cancel button to discard structural changes but persist any data changes and exit the Dashboard Designer; or
- the Reset button to pull the latest version from the server and discard all changes.
Multiple users making changes
If more than one person is working on the dashboard, the options presented are slightly differently.
This message indicates that another administrator has saved changes to the dashboard while you’ve been editing it:
You cannot save changes to the original dashboard — once another user has saved changes, the original no longer exists. You can choose to:
- continue to make changes to the dashboard, and save those changes as a Copy of the dashboard;
- continue to make changes to the dashboard, and save those changes as an Export to pdf;
- select Update to the latest version to refresh the dashboard, discarding your changes and showing the most-recently saved version of the dashboard — not necessarily the version you opened.