Create a read-write connection to a saved view. Make changes to your data in your Excel worksheet and save them to the Anaplan model.
You must be logged in to the Excel Add-in version 3.3.
Ensure you have a blank worksheet open in Excel.
To create a read-write connection to a saved view:
- In Excel, select the starting cell where you want to your data import to begin.
- On the Anaplan tab, click the arrow under New.
A drop-down list displays.
- Select Read-write connection.
The Connect your worksheet to Anaplan dialog displays.
The starting cell, in the top right of the dialog, displays the cell you selected in step 1.
The data is inserted here.
- Select a customer from the Select a customer dropdown.
- Select a workspace from the Select a workspace dropdown.
- Select a model from the Select a model dropdown.
You can search for a model in the Search models field and select the model from the search results.
- Select a saved view from the Select a module or view dropdown.
Search for a saved view in the Search for modules or views search field and select the saved view from the search results.
Scroll down the module list that contains your saved view and select it.
- Click Next.
The Preview dialog displays.
The dialog informs you that Existing Anaplan views are read-only. Pivot dimensions in the Anaplan model to reorientate data.
To pivot a saved view:
- Ask your model builder, who has access to the Anaplan model, to pivot your data in Anaplan and save the view.
- Once the model builder has made the change, refresh your connection in Excel.
Learn how to write data back into Anaplan using the Send and refresh function in the Excel Add-in.