Exporting grid layout respects the sort criteria, filters, line item styles, and show and hide options currently in your view.
- In a module, on the Data menu click Export.
- On the File Type list, choose the file format of the export.
- Under Layout, click Grid. This will export the grid exactly as you see it in Anaplan, with the same rows and columns as in your current view. Any sorting, filtering or show/hide actions that have been applied are also respected on the output. If Column Settings have been used to specify text wrapping in headers, those settings will also be respected when the grid is exported to .pdf.
Select what you want to include on the export:
- All Pages
This will export the grid as you see it for all possible pages — all possible combination of list items. When you export to Excel, these page views will appear as different tabs in the spreadsheet file.
- Current Page
This will export a grid exactly as you see in Anaplan — the same rows and columns for the currently selected page.
- All Pages
- If you want to exclude summary list or time items at all levels of the hierarchies from the export, select Omit Summary Items. See Omit Summary Items for more information.
- If you want to exclude any empty rows from the export, select Omit Empty Rows.
- Select the Labels tab. You can use this tab to control what is included or excluded in the export:
- To exclude dimension labels from the export, delete the value (the default is Name) by clicking the cross next to it. The field will then be blank.
- To include dimension labels, for each list used in a dimension, use the drop-down to include the list name, code, and list properties.
- Selected to include row label headers.
- For the #Products list — which is a numbered list and is used on pages in the module — we've selected to export the Display Name and the Code.
Here, there are two list formatted line items and we've selected to export the name for the Sales Rep list and export the code for the Rep Grades list.
You can run, edit, and delete saved exports in Settings > Actions. Saved exports can also be run using Anaplan Connect.
When you save the export definition, the sort criteria, filter, and rows/columns that have been shown or hidden are saved with the export. Changing the filter, sort or show/hide options, and saving the view will not affect the original export definition. So, when you re-run the export it will be as if you had reapplied the filter, sort and show/hide criteria from the original export to the current data.
You can save an export definition from a saved view but if you change your saved view it won't update the export. The export is tied to the view you had at that point in time, regardless of whether it's saved. If there's a time filter on the saved view, the filter will be respected, but you can't change the filter.