You must be in designer mode to configure actions on a card.
You can configure actions either when you add an action card, or later.
You can add actions:
- To the menu of any card
Hover your cursor over the card and click the card menu in the top right. Click Configure actions, then use the Configure card actions panel to Create new actions or enable existing actions. When actions are added, you can configure them.
- As actions buttons on an existing action card
Hover your cursor over the card and click the pencil icon in the top right. The Card configuration panel opens on the right.
The Card configuration panel has three tabs:
- Overview, where you configure general settings for your action card
- Actions, where you add actions to your card
- Manage, where you manage individual actions on the card
|the card title|
enter a title for the card in the Title field.
The title displays in the top-left of the card.
|the card description|
enter a description in the Description field.
The description displays in a tooltip when you hover your cursor over the information icon (i) in the top-left of the card.
|a link from the card title to another page|
select a page from the Link to a page drop-down list.
The card title links to the page you select.
If you have not entered a card title, the name of the page you link to displays as the card title.
|whether the card background displays|
toggle Background to the right to display the background of the card, or to the left to or hide the background.
Note: The background for action cards is enabled by default.
To add import, export, or process actions from a model into an action card:
- Click Imports, Exports, or Processes.
A list of the available actions displays.
- To narrow the list of available actions, type part of an action's name into the Find... field under Add actions.
The list narrows to those actions with names that contain the typed characters.
- Toggle to the right each action you want to add.
The action now displays on the card.
- Alternatively, you can toggle actions to the left to remove them from the card.
You can edit and remove forms and notifications from the Manage tab.
The Manage tab displays the actions you selected or added in the Actions tab. You can change the name of your selected actions and the order in which they display. You can also remove actions from the card.
For import, export, or process actions, the Action label defaults to the Action name assigned in the model. You can only change the Action name in the model. However, you can edit the Action label for form and notification actions, to change how the label displays on your page.
To manage Selected actions:
- Hover your cursor over the action you want to edit.
The menu dropdown (...) displays.
- Click the menu dropdown (...)
- Click the option you need:
- Edit to configure an action
- For forms and notifications, click Edit action label to change the label of the action
The Edit action label dialog displays. Enter the new label in the Action label field and click Save. The Action label updates.
- Remove action to remove an action
When you edit a form or notification action its designer is displayed. You can configure forms and notifications in the same way as when you created them.
When you click Update after you edit a form, the form updates and you return to the configuration panel.
If your action card contains more than one action, you can change the order in which your action buttons display. To reorder your actions, click the six dots at the left end of the action you want to move. You can then drag it up or down to the position you want.
Publish your changes
When you're happy with the configuration of your action card, click Publish. The card displays to users in the configuration you selected.