Compare lets you compare data values against a base case. You can choose what to compare the data against: a different version, a previous version of the current module, a list, or a time period.
Color-coding quickly identifies problem areas. The default color / status combinations are:
- Green = better
- Red = worse
- Blue = changed / neutral
- Gray = unchanged
When a comparison is displayed, the top-right of the screen shows a check box displaying the name of the options chosen. Clearing the check box will cause the comparison to be discarded and you'll return to your base data.
Setting up a comparison
- Click the Compare icon.
The Compare dialog displays.
- Select a Comparison Base, either Previous Version or Specific Base.
- If Specific Base, choose a List Item.
- Select a Comparison Mode, you can choose from:
- Values: show the values
- Difference: show the difference, compared with the base-case values.
- Percentage: show the values as a percentage of the base-case values.
- Percentage Difference: show the percentage difference compared with base-case values.
- Optionally, select Use Color Coding.
- Click OK. The comparison is displayed.