Save time by importing new users into your model from a .txt or .csv file. You can update some attributes of existing users in the same way.
The following attributes can be imported for each user:
|Email Address||The email address associated with the user's Anaplan account. New users receive a Welcome email, inviting them to log in to Anaplan and change their password.|
|First Name||Required when importing new users.|
|Last Name||Required when importing new users.|
Before you import the model role attribute, verify the role exists on the Roles tab in Model Settings > Users.
If you import a new user with a model role that does not exist in the model, the user is assigned the default role, No Access.
|Selective Access Permissions||
Permissions display in a comma-separated list (for example, "List Name Write", "List Name Read").
When importing selective access permissions, verify Selective Access is enabled for the list to which you want to assign Read or Write access.
|Single Sign-on||This is set as true or false to indicate whether the user uses Single Sign-on. For more information, see Single Sign-on.|
You can identify users in an import using:
- Email Address
- User ID
Every user in Anaplan has a unique, 32-character, system-generated identifier. You can map imports with the user ID to update the role, single sign-on, and selective access of users.
When you import new or existing users into your model, Anaplan treats the user ID specified in the User ID column, as the unique identifier. If the user ID corresponds to an existing user in Anaplan, the attributes of the corresponding user account are updated. Otherwise, the import row is ignored.
When you perform an import, you do not need to use both the email address and the user ID to map users. If you want to perform an import without mapping on an email address, use the user ID as the identifier. Otherwise, you can perform the import using just the email address.
User IDs are created by the system and visible in Model Settings > Users — for more information, see Users.
Import users from a .txt or .csv file
- Navigate to Model Settings > Users.
- Click Import. This displays the Select Source dialog.
- Click Upload New File.
- Browse for and select the .txt or .csv file containing the user details, and then click Select. This sample file contains the details of three new users:
- Change the options in the File Options dialog if needed and then click Next.
- In the Import dialog, on the Mapping tab, check that the user attributes in the uploaded file are correctly mapped to values in the Target Identifier, Target Data, and Target Access (for Selective Access permissions) columns. You can map source fields to target identifiers if needed.
- Click Run Import.
- Review the outcome of the import in the Import Completed dialog.
To view the new or updated users, navigate to Model Settings > Users. Just like other imports, imports of users are available in Model Settings > Actions. From there, you can run, edit, and delete imports of users.
New users receive an email inviting them to log in to Anaplan and change their password.