By default, all users with access to the source model have access to a page. As a workspace administrator, you can restrict access through the Manage access option in an app. On the Manage access screen, the Manage drop-down, in the top-right corner of the screen, allows you to assign access to multiple pages in a single action.
A source model must already contain user roles. See more information on model roles and how to assign them. If no roles have been created in the model, you will not be able to restrict access to the page.
You can also restrict access to a page from within the page itself. See Restrict access to a page.
Overwrite access to multiple pages at once
- From the Apps screen, select the app for which you want to manage access.
- In the Manage this app (
) dropdown menu, select Manage access.
The Manage access screen displays.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, select the Manage option.
A drop-down list displays the available bulk management actions.
- Select Overwrite access.
The Overwrite access dialog displays. This dialog is divided into two panes: Choose roles to overwrite and Select pages. The Select pages pane is grayed out until a selection is made in Choose roles to overwrite.
- Under Choose roles to overwrite, use the drop-down to pick the source model that contains the roles you wish to overwrite.
A list of roles displays based on the selected model. If a model has no roles, no roles will display for the selected model.
- Check the roles you want to assign to a page. These roles will overwrite current assignments. If you:
- Select one, some or all roles, will result in all roles being assigned to the pages you select in the next step. Unchecked roles will be removed from the pages.
- Select no roles will result in all roles being removed from the pages you select in the next step.
The right-hand Select pages pane updates with a list of pages which support the selected roles.
Overwriting roles will change access to the selected pages, independent of current assignments.
- On the right-hand Select pages pane select the pages to which you wish to overwrite the role assignments. Check each page or, optionally, select all pages by checking the Select all option.
- Press Overwrite access to apply your assignments.