As an end user, you can upload files to import new items into a list. You can also import data via a dashboard button.
Before you begin
- that your administrator has granted access to the list you want to import into (this should include dynamic cell access where applicable).
- that the list has been published to a dashboard to which you have access.
- the source of the data you're uploading.
If this is a new data import, the Process dialog prompts you prompted to upload the new file.
If you have access to the list but do not have dynamic cell access to all of the cells, the import runs, but any cells you do not have access to are not updated.
To import new items into a list:
- Open the dashboard containing the list into which you want to import items or properties.
- On the context menu, select Data.
- Click Import.
The Run Import dialog opens and displays any previous imports.
- In the Run Import dialog box, select the data source.
Either select a previous import or click Browse to upload a new file.
- Navigate to the file that you want to import.
- Click Select.
- Click Run.
From a button on a dashboard, you can choose files to execute a process or an import (you don't have to be a Workspace Administrator to do this). It's a flexible way to import data from an external data source into a list or module to save time and improve workflow.
To upload a file to import:
- On the dashboard, click the button of the import you want to run.
- Click Browse and then navigate to the file that you want to upload.
- If necessary, set the targets for any unmapped dimensions and then click Run.
A progress bar indicates the status of the upload and when the upload has completed.
If there's a problem with the import, any errors or failures that occurred will be clearly flagged and you can open the Details tab for a detailed report. This should help you to fix the file and then run the process again.