List subsets are lists that contain a selection of items from a larger list. Reducing cell count and sparsity in a model, list subsets enable reuse of list items. A single list item can belong to multiple list subsets.
It's not possible to use a list and a subset created from it in the same module.
To illustrate, say you assign transactions from a transactions list, Transactions, to a list subset, Card Transactions. Card Transactions can then be used as a list in its own right in a module. Only the items assigned to Card Transactions will appear in the module.
List subsets cannot be used in the same module as the list from which they were created.
Create a list subset
- In Lists and Roll-ups > General Lists, open the list that is to be the source of the subset.
- Select the Subsets tab and click Insert.
- Enter a name for the subset and click OK.
The new subset is displayed in the list of subsets.
- Select the Grid View tab.
A new column, bearing the name of the subset, is displayed. For more information on this grid, see Search.
- Select the items to include in the subset.