You can edit a custom view to unsort data in a row or column, or change the sort between ascending and descending.
If you unsort the data in a custom view, it reverts to the order that displays in the default view of the source module.
To change or unsort custom views:
- Navigate to the Select data source screen.
Your navigation differs if your custom view is used in a primary grid in a worksheet as opposed to a card.
- Unsort or change sort on your view.
Navigate to the Select data source screen
To navigate to the Select data source screen for a primary grid:
- Open a worksheet that contains the grid you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon in the worksheet toolbar to enter designer mode.
- Click Select view.
The Select data source screen in the Select primary grid dialog displays.
To navigate to the Select data source screen for a grid card:
- Open a worksheet or board that contains the card you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the page to enter designer mode.
- Click the pencil icon the top-right corner of the card.
The Card designer dialog displays.
- Click Back in the bottom-right corner of the dialog.
The Select data source screen in the Card designer dialog displays.
The grid for the custom view displays as a preview.
Unsort or change sort on your view
To unsort or change a sort in a custom view:
- In the grid that displays as a preview, select the row or column that's currently sorted.
- Click the sort button in the worksheet toolbar.
The sort drop-down menu displays.
- Unsort to unsort the row or column.
- Sort ascending, to change the sort to ascending.
- Sort descending, to change the sort to descending.
The data in the column sorts by your selection.
If you change the sort, an arrow displays in the row or column header to indicate the order of sort: up (for Sort ascending) or down (for Sort descending). The sort button in the toolbar also changes so that the arrow that indicates the sort direction is larger and blue.
If you unsort, the arrow in the column or row header no longer displays, and the arrows in the sort button revert to the same size and color (gray).
- Click Next to preview your custom view in your worksheet or chart, grid, or KPI card.
The additional configuration options on this screen vary between worksheets and different card types.
- You can click Back and modify the custom view further.
- Click Update.
Your grid or card displays on your page in designer mode.
- Click Publish, in the top-right corner, to publish the custom view to the page.