The send and refresh function enables you to save data changes you've made in the Excel Add-in to your Anaplan model. The data changes are saved via the read-write connection.
You must have a read-write connection and be linked to a module or to a saved view in the Excel Add-in.
Click Show/Hide Toolbar on the Anaplan ribbon to display the Excel Add-in toolbar.
To send and refresh data:
- Make your data changes in your connected worksheet.
- Click out of the cell(s) you made changes to.
This validates the data change.
- On the Anaplan ribbon, click Show Changes.
The Finding Changes dialog displays along with a Changes panel, that displays on the right.
- Once the changes are found, the dialog displays the status of your send and refresh connection.
- If the status is Success, Your data has been updated from Anaplan, then your data changes are saved to your Anaplan model.
- If the status is Errors detected, Send and Refresh failed. Please check your data in the panel, then go to step 5.
- In the dialog, click Continue.
Then, go to the Changes panel to troubleshoot any errors.
- Click Send and Refresh in the Changes panel to save your data changes to Anaplan.
Otherwise, click Discard changes.
To refresh a Multi-Sheet Connection:
- Follow the steps above.
The Send and Refresh dialog lists the worksheets and color codes them per Multi-Sheet Connection.
- Either refresh all the worksheets or select from the list the ones you want to refresh.