Create a read-write connection to a module to work with your Anaplan data in Excel. A read-write connection enables you to apply and save your changes to Anaplan via your connection.
You must be logged in to the Excel Add-in version 3.3.
Ensure you have a blank worksheet open in Excel.
To create a read-write connection to a module:
- In Excel, select the starting cell where you want your data import to begin.
- On the Anaplan tab, click the arrow under New.
A drop-down list displays.
- Select Read-write connection.
The Connect your worksheet to Anaplan dialog displays.
The starting cell, in the top right of the dialog, displays the cell you selected in step 1.
- Select a customer from the Select a customer dropdown.
- Select a workspace from the Select a workspace dropdown.
- Select a model from the Select a model dropdown.
You can search for a model in the Search models field and select the model from the search results.
- Select a module from the Select a module or view dropdown.
Search for a module in the Search for modules or views search field and select the module from the search results.
Scroll down the module list and select your module.
- Click Next.
The Pivot and Filter dialog displays.
You can pivot your dimensions and filter any dimension values here.
To search for values to filter, click the filter icon next to the dimension name and search for the value in the search field.
- Click Finish.