Learn how to create a read-only connection from an Anaplan module to your Excel worksheet.
With a read-only connection, you can edit Anaplan data in Excel without overwriting the data in the source module.
Before you create a read-only connection to a module, ensure you have a blank worksheet open in Excel.
If you cannot find the module you want to connect to, check your access permissions with your Anaplan workspace administrator.
You can also follow this procedure for versions of the Excel Add-in before version 3.3. You can only create read-only connections in these versions.
To create a read-only connection from an Anaplan module to an Excel worksheet:
- In Excel, select the cell where you want your connection to start.
- Click the New icon on the Anaplan tab.
The Connect your worksheet to Anaplan dialog displays.
The starting cell, in the top right of the dialog, is the cell you selected in step 1.U
- Select a customer and workspace from the Select a customer and Select a workspace drop-down lists.
- Select a model from the Select a model drop-down list.
You can search in the Search models field to narrow down the list of models.
- Select a module or a view from the Select a module or view box.
You can search in the Search for modules or views field to narrow down the list of modules and views.
- Click Next.
The Pivot and filter dialog displays.
- Optionally, pivot and filter your data.
- Click Finish.
The Creating connection dialog displays while Anaplan loads the data into the Excel worksheet.
You can now view and edit the data in Excel.
When you edit data in a read-only connection, you can change style and format. However, you should not merge header rows or change name ranges, as this can break the connection.