Use the Excel Add-in version 3.3 to create a read-only connection to your Excel worksheet from a module in Anaplan.
You can edit data imported from Anaplan in Excel without overwriting the existing Anaplan model.
You can also follow this procedure to create a connection in Excel Add-in version 3.2, as version 3.2 only creates read-only connections.
Ensure you have a blank worksheet open in Excel.
If you cannot find the module you want to connect to, check your access permissions with your Anaplan workspace administrator.
To create a read-only connection from an Excel worksheet to an Anaplan module:
- In Excel, select a starting cell where you want your data connection to begin.
- Click New on the Anaplan tab.
A drop-down list displays.
- Click Read-only connection.
The Connect your worksheet to Anaplan dialog displays.
The starting cell, in the top right of the dialog, displays the cell you selected in step 1.
The data will be inserted here.
- Select a customer from the Select a customer dropdown.
- Select a workspace from the Select a workspace dropdown.
- Select a model from the Select a model dropdown.
You can search for a model in the Search models field and select the model from the search results.
- Select a module from the Select a module or view dropdown.
You can search for a model in the Search for modules or views field and select the module from the search results.
- Click Next.
The Pivot and filter dialog displays.
- Optionally, pivot and filter your data.
- Click Finish.
The Creating connection dialog displays, and Anaplan data is loaded into the Excel worksheet.
You can now view and edit the data in Excel.