Make sure you completed Stage 1, and are subscribed and assigned the workspace administrator role for PlanIQ.
To open PlanIQ, select PlanIQ from the dropdown in the top-left.
Set up your data collection
It's time to set up your data collection.
- Select New data collection.
- Give your data collection a unique name and use the dropdowns to select the historical data module from your source model, and its export action.
- Select Create data collection.
This triggers a data collection assembly.
Wait until the data collection is ready before you use it to create your forecast model.
Create your forecast model
Now select an algorithm for your forecast model. PlanIQ algorithms are trained automatically, based on the data you provided in the data collection.
You can only select algorithms that are compatible with your data collection. If you want PlanIQ to choose an algorithm for you, select Anaplan AutoML from the Algorithm dropdown.
- Select New forecast model.
Give your forecast model a unique name, and use the dropdowns to select your data collection and an algorithm.
- In Forecast horizon, select the Time interval and the number of intervals you'd like the forecast to reflect.
The forecast horizon calculates the length of time the forecast can make predictions for.
- Select Create your forecast model.
Now take a break while PlanIQ processes your data. This can take a few minutes to an hour or so, depending on the size of the datasets.
You receive an email when the model's ready.
Create your forecast action
Finally, create a forecast action that you can run from PlanIQ or in Anaplan UX. This action runs your forecast and imports the predictions into your forecast results module.
- Select New forecast action.
Give your forecast action a unique name and select your forecast model from the Forecast model dropdown.
- Select the target workspace, target model, and the import action you want to use to store your forecast results.
- Select Create forecast action.
The action is ready to use. You're now set to run your forecast.
Run a forecast
The forecast run generates your predictions.
In Forecast actions, select the ellipsis to the right of the forecast action listing. Select Run.
Analyze your predictions
The predictions import into your forecast results module, where you can compare your forecast results from the different forecast runs.
You've reached the end of the process. Your predictions are ready for data analysis. You can use the results to better inform your business decisions and financial plans.