Compare and Synchronize Changes
Before you start, check that the source model is prepared for synchronization. Make sure that:
- all operational data is stored in production lists,
- production imports have been designated, and
- the latest structural changes are captured in a revision tag.
We recommend that you copy and archive the target model before synchronizing changes for the first time. However, if the synchronization is unsuccessful the target model reverts back to the state it had before the synchronization.
To Compare and Synchronize changes:
- Click your name at the top-right and select Manage Models.
- In Model Management, select a Target Model, then click Compare/Sync.
- Select the model you want to use as the source model, then click Next.
- Select a revision tag from those available in the source model, then click Next.
- Review the high-level summary of net differences between the target and the source model.
- If you want to view a comprehensive summary of the settings and model components that have been added and modified in the source model, click Download Full Comparison Report. This downloads a tab-delimited text (.txt) file that you can open in a spreadsheet.
- Click Preview Synchronize.
- On the Synchronize Models dialog, review the updates that will be made to the target model.
- To leave the target model online, deselect the Take the target model offline checkbox.
- To start the synchronization process, click Confirm Synchronize.
- Wait while the synchronization process completes. How long the synchronization process takes to complete depends on the amount of data to be moved and whether the target model is already open.
- If the sync completes successfully, a success message is displayed.
- Click OK to return to the Model Management dialog.
The Models to Compare table lists all models that you can synchronize changes from. A model is only listed in the table if it's structurally compatible with the target model and contains at least one revision tag that's more recent than the latest revision tag in the target model.
The Workspace list shows workspaces that contain at least one compatible source model. If the target model is in a workspace that's assigned to a single sign-on (SSO) server, only workspaces in the same SSO server are shown.
The Revision Tags table lists all revision tags that were added since the source model was last synchronized with the target model.