Anaplan API Guide and Reference
The Anaplan API Guide and Reference provides introductory information and the details for a programmer writing an application that performs any of the following:
- Import: brings data into Anaplan
- Export: gets data from Anaplan
- Process: a container for a sequence of imports, exports, and/or delete actions
- Delete: removing obsolete data
See Use the API for how to use Anaplan APIs to perform these actions.
For more information on API calls in addition to these actions, see:
- the v2.0 integration API reference (https://anaplanbulkapi20.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the authentication service API reference (https://anaplanauthentication.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the v1.3 integration API reference (https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#)
- the audit API reference (https://auditservice.docs.apiary.io/#)
Anaplan API Requirements
To make best use of Anaplan APIs, you should be familiar with RESTful APIs and the specific requirements for the API action you are performing.
REST APIs use predictable resource-oriented URLs, accept form-encoded request bodies, and return JSON-encoded responses. Note that a JSON object consists of an unordered set of name/value pairs and as such, you should never rely on the ordering of elements within a JSON object.
To use Anaplan APIs, you need:
- the Anaplan workspace ID and model ID for the action you are performing
To import with the Anaplan API, you need:
- a file to import into Anaplan and know where the file is located in the file system
- the ID of your import definition
- to be the user who created the import definition. You can only import using the Import definitions you have created.
To export with the Anaplan API, you need:
- the ID of your export definition
To delete with the Anaplan API, you need:
- the ID of your delete action definition