Configure a data series on a chart card
Configure the data series on chart cards to highlight the significance of your data.
A series is a set of data that is represented by a line on a line chart or by a set of columns on a column chart.
To view or change the Series configuration options, select the Chart tab of the Card configuration panel and expand the Series section.
Change the colors
You can change the color of each data series.
- Under the Series heading, select the colored swatch next to a data series to change its color.
- In the drop-down palette that displays, set the color: select a swatch or enter its hexadecimal value in the text box below the color palette:
The original color displays behind customized color swatches:
If you select Reset colors, you reset all color swatches in that series to their original colors.
Add a right axis
You can add a second axis to the right side of a chart for a data series (except pie charts).
Under the Series heading, select the Right axis icon for the data series you want to add a right axis to.
The right axis scales to the value of the data series you select. This can be useful when comparing two data series with different yet related values. For example, revenue and individual product price.
Change the chart type
You can choose the type of chart used for each data series when you create a combination chart.
In the Series box, click the Chart type icon next to a data series, and then choose the type of chart to use for that series. The icon shows the type of chart selected.
Detach segments from a pie chart
When you configure a pie chart, you can detach the segments for data
series to emphasize them. You can detach multiple segments.
Under the Series heading, click the Sliced icon next to the names of the data series you want to detach the segments for.
Change the stacking method
If your chart card contains two or more data series displaying as a bar, column, or area chart, then the Series stacking heading displays at the bottom of the Series box. The options under this heading enable you to display your data series in the following configurations:
- Clustered — stacks the data items within a series in parallel bars or columns. The Clustered configuration is useful to identify the highest and lowest values within a series. In area charts, the Clustered configuration displays transparent areas of color that overlap.
- Stacked — stacks the data items for a data series within one bar, column, or area. The Stacked configuration is useful to examine the data items within the data series while simultaneously comparing the overall values of the data series.
- Percentage — stacks the data items for a data series within one bar, column, or area. A percentage chart fills the entire y-axis. The relative size of each data item determines the percentage it represents within the 0-100 scale on the y-axis. The Percentage configuration is useful for understanding the composition of your data series.