To add an authentication setting:
- Click the arrow below the Sign in icon.
A drop-down list displays.
- Click Authentication Settings.
The Authentication Settings dialog displays.
- In the Authentication Settings dialog, click the add icon (+) at the bottom of the Environments panel.
A new environment displays in the panel. New environments you add are named Default (1), Default (2), and so on.
- If you want you can overwrite Default (1) in the Name field to change the name of the authentication setting.
- Enter the connection URL for the environment.
To check the connection URL is valid, click Test Connection.
If it's a valid connection, a green checkmark displays. If it's invalid, a red cross displays.
- To enable single sign-on (SSO), toggle right SSO Authentication and enter your SSO-friendly URL in the SSO-Friendly URL field.
After you sign in with SSO for the first time, the Excel Add-in adds
?svcId=authto the URL. Do not remove this, as it's required for technical reasons.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Click Sign In to sign in.
- Click OK to save the authentication settings and not sign in.
- Click Cancel to close the dialog and not save any changes.