Make you're signed in to the add-in.
The add-in is not backwards compatible with version 1.6 and 1.7. We recommend you make a copy of your workbook.
You'll need to uninstall the add-in before you can install version 1.8. Follow the standard software uninstallation processes. Depending on your corporate software policy, this may need to be done by your IT department.
Check for updates
To check for updates to the add-in, on the Anaplan tab, select Help > Check for Updates.... The PowerPoint Add-in Updates dialog displays available updates. If no updates are available, select OK to return to your presentation.
If updates are available, you can:
- Select Yes to download and install the update.
- Select No to download the update and install later.
- Select Cancel.
In 10 days you're reminded that the update is still available.
Install the add-in
Install the add-in to complete your update:
- On the PowerPointAddin Setup wizard, select Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement, then select Next.
- Choose an installation type:
- Only for me installs the add-in for you only.
- Everybody installs the add-in for multiple users of the device.
Only select Everybody if you've been informed to do so by your Anaplan Tenant administrator.
When an update is available, standard (non-administrator) users must consult with their company's system administrator to carry out the update.
- Select Next.
- Choose where you want the add-in to be installed, and select Next.
If you want to change where the add-in is installed, select Browse... and navigate to where you want the add-in to be installed, then select OK.
- Select Install.
- Once the add-in installs, select Finish.
The next time you open a presentation in PowerPoint, you can access the add-in through the Anaplan tab.