You must be a Tenant security administrator to create and work with OAuth 2.0 clients.
To create an OAuth 2.0 client:
- The first time you open OAuth clients from the menu, select Enable OAuth.
- Select New in the upper right corner.
The Create OAuth 2.0 client dialog displays.
- Enter a Name for your new OAuth 2.0 client.
The alpha-numeric name can contain either ? or ! marks. You cannot use other punctuation marks or special characters.
- Select a grant Type from the dropdown. Either of these two methods can retrieve the access token:
- Authorization code grant
- Device grant
- Authorization code grant displays the client authorization request in a web browser or mobile app. You can approve or reject this request. If approved, users are redirected back to the client with a temporary code. The client exchanges this code with an access token.
- Device grant is a type of extension. It enables devices without browsers or limited input capability to exchange a prior device code with a fresh access token.
- Device grant flow is disabled with SSO.
- Enter the Allowed callback URLs. We support up to 60 URLs.
- Select Create Client.
Note: Callback URLs may contain sensitive information. The URLs must be specified to ensure:
- When they've authorized the client
- Users will be redirected to the correct site
A banner displays: Client successfully created.
Your new OAuth 2.0 client is ready to configure.