Related data is an optional dataset that includes forward looking data, such as upcoming marketing promotions. Include it in your data collection setup to enhance the accuracy of your forecasts.
In Set up a data collection, select Related data (optional) in the left hand panel.
Alternatively, if select Add related data in the bottom right of the screen.
To add related data:
- Select Include related data set in this data collection.
- Select the workspace, model, and export action for your source data that you want to generate your forecast from.
- Select the time scale that matches the model calendar settings in your source model.
- In Data mapping, map the list that you want to use as an item unique identifier and the list for the time dimension. If you do not want to add another dataset, go to step 6.
- Optional: To add the next dataset, select Add attributes in the bottom right of the screen, and follow this procedure.
- To create the data collection, select Create data collection.
If you select Create data collection, the data collection assembly begins. The data collection displays in a list view with the date it's created and the status of the collection.
- Optional: Select a data collection listing to display its overview and properties in the right pane.
- Optional: If you want to reassemble a data collection, select the ellipsis to the right of the listing, and select Rerun data assembly.
The newly assembled data collection overwrites the previous one.