To add an authentication setting:
- Click the arrow below the Log in icon.
A drop-down list displays.
- Click Authentication Settings.
The Authentication Settings dialog displays.
- In the Authentication Settings dialog, click the add icon (+) at the bottom of the Environments panel.
A new environment displays in the panel. New environments you add are named Default (1), Default (2), and so on.
- Optionally, overwrite Default(1) in the Name field to change the name of the authentication setting.
- Enter the Connection URL for the environment.
To check the Connection URL is valid, click Test Connection.
If it's a valid connection, a green checkmark displays. If it's invalid, a red cross displays.
- To enable Single Sign-on (SSO), toggle right SSO Authentication and enter your SSO Friendly URL in the SSO Friendly URL field.
After you sign with SSO for the first time, the Excel Add-in appends
?svcId=authto the URL. Do not remove this, as it's required for technical reasons.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Click Login to log in.
- Click OK to save the authentication settings and not log in.
- Click Cancel to close the dialog and not save any changes.