The Excel MMULT function returns the matrix product of two arrays.
To recreate the MMULT function in Anaplan:
- Create three lists for the matrix dimensions (in this example, I, J, and K).
Add a parent item to list K to sum intermediate products.
- Create two modules, Matrix A and Matrix B, to use as input matrices.
- Configure Matrix A with one line item, Value, as Pages, the list I set as Rows, and the list K as Columns.
- Configure Matrix B with one line item, Value set as Pages, the list K set as Rows, and the list J as Columns.
The column count of Matrix B must match the row count of Matrix A.
- Create a module, Matrix C, as the output matrix.
- Configure Matrix C with one line item as Pages, the list I as Rows, and the lists J and K as Columns.
- In the Matrix C module, hide every occurrence of the K list except the parent column, which sums intermediate products.
- In the line item used as Pages in Matrix C, use this formula:
Matrix A.Value * Matrix B.Value