By default, context selectors display at the top of a page. However, when synchronization is disabled for a card, context selectors display within the card. In this case, the links are disabled between the card-level selectors and the page-level selectors.
Cards configured in this way are unresponsive to page-level selections. When a user chooses a different dimension on the card, the card value alone updates. No other items on the page are affected. Use this option if you want a published card to display the same values until an end user makes an alternative selection. For example, you could choose to display values for a list item, such as an individual user, when the page is opened.
Alternatively, you can display a context selector as a label within a card. This option ensures that the value on the card is not amended when the context is changed at page level. It also informs the end user which dimensions are selected for a card.
Users can select an item in a dimension in a card when they select its content. For example, you can select a grid row or a chart series. You can choose whether such context selections in a card will change the page context selection, or the card retains its own context.
When a card is synchronized with a worksheet, a selector or label chosen in the Card configuration panel will not display on the card. This is because the card uses the main grid selector that already displays in the Additional insights panel.
To disable synchronization between a card and a page:
- Open the page in designer mode.
- Click the pencil icon on the card containing the context selector.
- In the Card configuration panel, select the Context tab.
to the left of the context selector.
- Select synchronization options. By default, Sync with page and Sync on selection are enabled.
- To unsynchronize the context selector and the page selectors, toggle left Sync with page.
- To disable page context selection when a user selects a grid header or item in a chart, toggle left Sync on selection.
- Under Show on card, select one of these three options:
- Off (default setting on boards) ensures that the selector does not appear on the card.
- Label displays the name of the dimension as a label on the card.
- Selector (default setting on worksheets) displays the selector on the card. Selector does not display if Sync with page is disabled.
- Click Publish in the top right-hand corner of the screen.