Once you've created a card, you can then design a custom view to display selected items on it.
To begin this procedure, ensure you've completed the procedure in Create a card to show selected items.
To show selected items on a card:
- Choose Custom Views, then the view you want to edit.
- Click the eye icon on the top right of the dialog.
- Click the dimension for which you want to show items, for example, Line Items, a list title, Time, or Versions.
Optionally, click Show all columns or Show all rows to change a prior view in which items were hidden.
This opens the Show panel, with Levels and Items displayed.
Levels apply to simple lists. A simple list contains a parent-child relationship, for example, EMEA > France.
Items apply to composite lists. Composite lists, which model builders create, consist of a series of lists. Each list in the series is assigned a parent in the hierarchy.
Versions do not use levels. If you selected Versions in the previous step, level-based selection is inapplicable. Proceed to step 5.
- Under Levels, both the Summaries (parents) and Details (children) boxes are selected by default. If both are selected, the items for each level will both display on the published page.
To show only Summaries, deselect the Details checkbox. To show only Details, deselect the Summaries checkbox.
When you choose not to show a level, its items are removed from the Items panel underneath the Levels panel.
Use these options to tailor the view for your users.
- If you have not selected a composite list, go to step 6.
If you've selected a composite list:
Under the Items panel, select the checkboxes for the items you want to display. You can select both levels and individual items.
You can select or deselect:
- a parent item in isolation from its child items — this means that you can show, for example, Q1 Summary without also showing Jan, Feb, and Mar.
- a child item in isolation from its parent items — this means that you can show Jan without also showing Q1 Summary.
When you configure time items on a line chart or a pie chart:
- to view general trends rather than details, you can select quarters, but leave individual months deselected.
- to prevent a chart from displaying spikes, you can select individual months, but leave quarters deselected.
- type into the Find field to search for a line item.
The list of items updates with results for the text you've entered.
Use this option when there are a lot of items to search through.
- click Select All to display all items.
Use this option to change a prior configuration in which you've shown some items, and not others.
- Click Apply.
The card updates with your changes.
Remember that if you now pivot your data for a grid or chart, it reverts to its original configuration.
- Click Next.
- Continue to configure your card, then:
- if this is the first time you've edited the card, click Add.
- if this is a card you've edited before, click Add > Update.
- Click Publish in the top right.