Before you create a line item subset, consider the following:
- Even though line items can contain formulas, the items in a line item subset can only aggregate to a simple subtotal. Only formulas that are simple subtotals are included in a line item subset.
- Any line item styles do not transfer over to the line item subset.
- If you create line item subsets from different modules, the modules must share at least one common dimension.
- Line item subsets can only contain line items with numeric data types.
- You can only use one line item subset as a dimension in a module.
To create a line item subset:
- Select Line item subsets
in the model settings bar.
- Select Insert, then type a name for the line item subset. Create extra line item subsets by typing each line item subset on a new line.
- Select Before or After to add the line item subset before or after an existing line item subset in the list. Select Start or End to add the line item subset to the start or end of the list.
- Select OK.
- Double-click or select the ellipsis (
) in the Modules column, then select the modules that contain the line items that you want to include in the line item subset.
- Select OK.
- Select the new line item subset, then select Open.
- Select the line items you want to include in the line item subset. Your selections save automatically.
You can use the line item subset in a module as a dimension, or as a picklist. You can also use the COLLECT() function in a module that includes a line item subset to pull the line item values into the module.