To set up a data collection:
- In the left navigation bar on the Forecast overview page, select Data collections.
- Select New data collection in the top right.
The configuration settings for Historical data display.
- Enter your Data collection name.
- Select the workspace, model, and export action for the source data you want to generate your forecast from.
- Select the time scale that matches the model calendar settings in your source model.
- Map the lists in your source model to the fields in Data mapping.
These are the lists that you created when you prepared your data.
- If you only want to use historical data to base your forecast on, select Create data collection in the bottom right of the screen. If you want to add more datasets, go to step 9.
When you select Create data collection, the data collection assembly begins.
The data collection displays in a list view with the date it's created and the status of the collection.
- Optional: To display the overview and properties of the data collection, select the listing, and these details display in the right panel.
- Optional: To add related data, select Add related data and follow this procedure.
To add attributes, select Attributes (optional) from the left-hand panel, and follow the Add attributes procedure.
Rerun a data assembly
If there are any issues and the setup could not complete, you can rerun the data assembly. This can help resolve any issues. You can also rerun a data assembly if you want to reassemble a data collection and overwrite the previous version.
To rerun, select the ellipsis by the data collection listing, and select Rerun data assembly.
The new assembly overwrites the previous one, and your data collection is rebuilt.