You can choose to ignore some items, or all unmapped items, when you run a module import. This is useful if you only want to import some data from the source, or if some source data does not have an equivalent in the target.
Only a workspace administrator can select items to ignore in an import. You can only select items to ignore if you choose to map items manually in an import.
If you run an import with unmapped items and do not ignore them, the Result Summary lists those items as unsuccessful.
You can either select individual items to ignore, or choose to ignore all unmapped items for a dimension.
To ignore an item in an import:
- In the tab that contains the items you want to ignore, select Map items manually.
- Select the source item you want to ignore in the table on the left.
- Select the Ignore button above the table.
You can repeat this procedure to ignore multiple items.
To ignore all unmapped items:
- In the tab that contains the unmapped items you want to ignore, select Map items manually.
- Select the Ignore Unmapped button above the table.
You can then either select Run Import, select OK to save your import for later, or continue mapping the other columns.
Note: If you want to ignore all unmapped items in the whole import, you must select Ignore Unmapped on every tab that has items to map.