The add-in is backwards compatible with versions 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. The add-in is not backwards compatible with Series 3 of the Excel Add-in. If you're using Series 3, make a copy of your workbook.
If you're using Series 3, you'll need to uninstall it before you can install Series 4. Follow the standard software uninstallation processes. Depending on your corporate software policy, this may need to be done by your IT department.
Check for updates
The Excel Add-in Updater displays when you open Excel if you're not using the latest version of the add-in. You can:
- Select Install now to download and install the update.
- Select Remind me later.
If you've previously selected Remind me later, you can update the add-in from the Anaplan ribbon:
- On the Anaplan tab, select What's New > Check for Updates....
- On the Anaplan Add-in Updates Available dialog, select Upgrade Your Add-in.
Once you close Excel, the update starts.
Alternatively, you can download and then run the latest installer from the Downloads page.
Install the add-in
Install the add-in to complete your update:
- On the ExcelAddin Setup wizard, select the ellipsis to select a directory to install the add-in to, then select Next.
- Read and accept the terms in the license agreement, then select Agree to License.
- Select Install.
- Once the add-in installs, select Finish.
The next time you open a workbook in Excel, you can access the add-in through the Anaplan tab. If you upgraded from Series 3, you'll need to convert your workbook.
If you cannot see the Anaplan tab, enable the Add-in.