Only workspace administrators can set up Assign and Assign only actions.
Before you set up the action, ensure the list you want to assign items to:
- Is a numbered list with at least one list-formatted property
- Has a parent list
The parent list and the list with which you format the list-format property can be hierarchical lists or numbered lists. However, they cannot be the Users list.
Note: The button text you set for your action can be up to 60 characters long. A warning displays if you exceed that limit.
If the list is long, you can create list properties and set them against the list items. This enables you to select these properties to act as filters when you set up the action. Users can then select the properties from the Filter using dropdown list when they run the action, so only relevant list items display.
Filter by ancestor always displays, but you must assign a parent (ancestor) list to the Parent Hierarchy to enable users to filter by parent.
Prepare a dashboard
You can only run the Assign and Assign only actions from a dashboard. This is because the user must select the parent to assign items to before they run the action.
Publish the list to which you want to assign items to a dashboard. This can be an existing dashboard or new one. After you set up the action you can publish the action to the same dashboard.
Set up an assign or assign only action
To add an assign or assign only action:
- In the Actions pane, select the New Action menu.
- Select Assign.
- Enter the name of the action in the Button text field.
Follow best practice name conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- Select a list-formatted property from the Using list formatted property dropdown.
- Optionally, select list item properties you want to act as filters from the Filter using drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The action displays under Other Actions.
- Publish the new action to a dashboard.