You can configure a delete branch action to delete items from a flat list. However, if you do so, the action only deletes the item or items the user selects in that list.
You must publish the Delete branch action to a dashboard. This is because the user must select a parent or parents from the numbered list before they run the action. To enable this, publish the numbered list from which the user will select branches to delete, or a child list of that list.
You can publish the list to an existing dashboard or new one. After you set up the action, publish the it to the same dashboard as the list.
To set up a Delete branch action:
- In the Actions tab of the Actions
pane, select New Action from the toolbar at the top.
- Select Delete Branch from the menu.
- Enter the button name in the Button text field.
Follow best practice name conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- In the Delete from dropdown, select the list from which you want to select a branch to delete.
Only numbered lists are available to select.
- In the Level to delete dropdown, select:
- All levels to delete the item the user selects, all its descendants, and all associated data.
- Immediate children only to delete only the item the user selects and its immediate children.
- Select OK.
- Publish the action to a dashboard.