Select items to show that present the most relevant data to users of a worksheet.
Conversely, you can choose to not show certain data so users cannot see it.
You can also restrict user-access to a page to prevent them from being able to access it.
Users cannot choose to show items for a row or column if you:
- select to not show the items;
- apply a hierarchy filter to it; or
- filter out the item.
On a nested axis the user sees the items as available for selection in the Show / Hide panel, but they do not display on the worksheet. A warning displays to explain this if applicable.
To select items to show on a worksheet:
- Navigate to the Custom views tab to create or edit a worksheet.
- Click the Show / Hide icon on the worksheet toolbar.
A dropdown displays. It contains the names of the dimensions that display on rows and columns, and options to Show all columns or Show all rows.
- Select the name of the dimension to show items for on columns or rows.
The Show / Hide panel displays on the right of the screen.
You can also choose to Show all columns or Show all rows.
- Under the Levels heading, select the hierarchy levels to show items for.
- Under the Items heading, select the items to show on the worksheet.
Type part of the name of an item into the Find... field. This narrows down the list of items.
You can also click Select all to select all items.
- Click Apply.
The selected items now display on the worksheet.
If you cannot see the Apply button, ensure you have scrolled to the bottom of the Show / Hide panel.
- Click Next when you've designed your custom view.
- Preview your custom view, then click Update to display the worksheet in designer mode.
- Click Publish, in the top-right, to publish the custom view to the worksheet.
To show all items on the worksheet:
- Click the Show / Hide button, then select Show all columns or Show all rows in the dropdown that displays.
- Click Reset at the bottom of the Show / Hide panel.