Always format the line item before entering a formula in it. The results of the formula must match the format of the cell. For example, if the formula results in a date, the line item must have a date format. The formula is rejected if the formats do not match.
When you write formulas, ensure that you follow these requirements:
- Close open parentheses.
- Enter all required arguments for any functions that you use.
- Do not nest more than 100 functions in a single formula.
- Enclose line item names that contain hyphens, numbers, or operators (+ - / *) with single quotation marks.
To find information on functions, operators, and how to write formulas, see All functions.
To add a formula to a line item using the formula editor:
- Select Blueprint , then select the line item. In the formula bar, the line item name appears next to the editing field.
- In the formula bar, select the line item name, or Expand
Note: Valid formulas that contain IF THEN ELSE functions are indented in the formula editor.
to the left of the line item name to open the formula editor in preview mode.
- To activate the formula editor:
- Select Edit .
- Double-click in the formula editor.
- Type in the formula editor.
- Enter the formula in the editor:
- Type functions, operators, and references directly into the editor.
- To add references to line items in the same module, select the line item. The line item is automatically added to the formula editor.
- To add references to line items in different modules, open the modules that you want to refer to and select the line items. The formula editor stays fixed at the bottom of the window when you switch between modules.
- Select Apply when the formula is complete.
Select Cancel to discard the formula and return to preview mode, or select Close to close the formula editor.
- Optionally, specify which versions of the model the formula applies to in the Formula Scope column in Blueprint. The Formula Scope option defaults to All Versions.
Move and resize the formula editor
When you write formulas, you can move and resize the formula editor.
Selector to dock the formula editor to the bottom or to the right of the window. The formula editor docks to the bottom of the window by default.
If you dock the formula editor to the bottom of the window, resize it by hovering your cursor over the top of the editor, then drag the blue line up or down.
If you dock the formula editor to the right of the window, resize it by hovering your cursor over the side of the editor, then drag the blue line from side to side.