To set your bucket for a specific IAM role, follow the configuration steps below.
- Create a new IAM user, if required.
Note: the IAM user can also be from a service account.
- Create an IAM Role
(opens external page) if you do not already have one.
- Associate the IAM user with IAM Role.
- Create the bucket policy. The policy sets read/write access at the S3 bucket level.
- Associate the IAM Role with bucket policy.
Note: this corresponds to the Role ARN step in Edit a connection.
- Generate keys for the IAM user, not the root level. You need both an access key ID
(opens external page) and a secret access key.
- As shown in the screenshot below, enter the:
- Access key ID
- Secret access key and
- Role ARN for the IAM user when you create a new connection.