You must have the necessary access permissions to perform a list-data model-to-model import.
You can also import from a list in another model, or import data into a module from a file.
You must be in Grid view to follow this procedure. You can import line items in Blueprint view, but not other data from modules or saved views.
If you import a saved view, the import succeeds if the correct saved view is located. For example, if there are multiple saved views with the same name in the source model, the import is unsuccessful.
Note: Once you set up a model-to-model import, the source is available for other users to select where they have the appropriate access rights. This contrasts with file imports, where you can set the source as a private file or a default file for the import.
To import data into a module or saved view from another module:
- In the Data menu of the module into which you want to import data, select Import.
- Select Connect to Anaplan Model.
The Select Source dialog adjusts and lists the other models in the current workspace.
- Select the model to which you want to connect for the import.
If you have access to more than one workspace in the customer environment, select the workspace that contains the model you want to connect to from the Workspace list. You can then select the model.
- Select either Module or Saved View.
- Select the module or saved view from which you want to import in the right-hand field.
- Select the Select button.
The Import Mapping dialog displays.
- Select the items in the Source dropdowns that you want to map to items in the Target module.
For a single column import, select a column under Source and then select a column for the Data values from dropdown.
- Map source data to target items in the target list tabs.
You can choose to ignore some items or ignore all unmapped items.
- Select Run Import.
A progress dialog displays as the import runs.
When the import completes, an Import Completed dialog displays which items imported successfully and any that did not. You can open the Details tab for a detailed report or select Close to exit the dialog.
Note: Import never overwrites formulas, so subtotals and formulas display as ignored.