Source models and Application Lifecycle Management
The Manage models dialog enables you to change an app's data source from development to production, as part of an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) workflow.
If you have a Professional or Enterprise subscription, you have access to additional ALM for pages features. These enable you to associate multiple models with a page, and then switch between associated source models for a page.
Once you enable multiple models with a page, you need to manage the source models associated with the page via Page settings. Where a page has multiple models associated with it, the Manage models dialog displays these under Current workspace and model. However, the drop-down lists to change workspace and model do not display.
Forms and source model management
When you change the source model for a page, any forms on the page use the selected source model as their data source. If the data structure of the new source model is different to the previous model, you need to edit the form for match the new data structure.
If you do not have access to multiple workspaces, the Manage models dialog does not display the Change Workspace column.
Change the source models in an app
- On the app contents screen, click Manage this app in the top-right corner.
A dropdown displays.
- Select Manage models.
The Manage models dialog displays a table with:
- a list of all of the pages in the app, under the Page heading
- the workspace and model for each page, under the Current workspace and model heading
- a drop-down list that displays the workspace for each page, under the Change workspace heading (if you do not have access to multiple workspaces, the Change workspace column does not display)
- a drop-down list that displays the model for each page, under the Change model heading
- For each page for which you want to change the source to a model in a different workspace, select a different workspace from the drop-down list under the Change workspace heading.
Only workspaces to which you have access display.
When you change a page's workspace, the model defaults, by alphabetical order, to the first model for the selected workspace.
- For each page for which you want to change the source model, select a different model from the drop-down list under the Change model heading.
Only the models to which you have access in the workspace display.
You can select a different model for each page that requires a new source.
The Change button is enabled when you select at least one different source model.
- Click Change.
The source models change and a confirmation notification displays in the top-right of the screen.