In one action, you can change the source models for multiple pages in an app.
Use this option to change an app's data source from development to production.
When you change the source model for a page, any forms configured for the page are duplicated and connected to the source model you select. If the data structure of the newer source model is not identical to the previous model, then you need to recreate the forms and cards on your page.
If you do not have access to multiple workspaces, the Manage models dialog will not display the Change Workspace column.
Change the source models in an app
- On the app contents screen, click Manage this app in the top-right corner.
A dropdown displays.
- Select Manage models.
The Manage models dialog displays a table with:
- a list of all of the pages in the app, under the Page heading
- the workspace and model for each page, under the Current workspace & model heading
- a dropdown that contains the workspace for each page, under the Change workspace heading
- a dropdown that contains the model for each page, under the Change model heading
- Optionally, to change the page's workspace, click the dropdown under the Change workspace heading for the page. Then select the workspace you want to use for the page.
When you change a page's workspace, the model defaults, by alphabetical order, to the first model for the selected workspace.
- Click the dropdown under the Change model heading for the page. Then select a model for each page that requires a new source.
To enable the Change button, select at least one different source model.
- Click the Change button.
The source models are changed. A confirmation notification displays in the top-right of the screen.