Create a form to enable users to add items to a list, along with list properties and line item values.
Lists, list properties, and line items are configured in the source model of a page.
Lists can be organized into list hierarchies to enable data from child items to roll up to a parent item. For example, a city is a child of a country, and a country is a child of a region.
As a page builder, you can select a parent item for all list items added via a form. Alternatively, you can enable users to select a parent item for each list item added via a form.
If the list is part of a composite list, you can choose only a parent item that is in the parent list of the list the form belongs to. For example, a composite list might combine a Cities list and a Countries list. You cannot select a city to be the parent of another city. You must select a parent from the Countries list.
You must open your page in designer mode. Select Edit this page .
You can save your work at any time. Select Save to save as a draft. When you're ready to publish, select Publish.
To create a form:
- To add or edit a card, select Configure action on a new card, or hover over your card and select Edit .
- On the Overview tab of the Card configuration panel, enter a Title and Description for your card. You can also choose a Title color, Link to a page, and display the card Background.
- On the Actions tab, select Create > Form to open the Form designer.
- Enter a Form title and select a list from the Choose list dropdown.
- If the list has one or more list subsets, you can select a subset from the Subset dropdown.
This configures the form to add items to the selected subset.
If no subset is selected, the form adds items to the list selected in the Choose list dropdown menu.
- Under the Properties heading, enable any properties you want users to be able to add to the form.
To configure which characters users may enter for a property, or make a property mandatory, hover your cursor over a text-formatted list item in the form preview and select at its top-right.
You can enable read-only list properties, such as those that contain formulas, in Form designer, but they won't display in the form.
- Toggle Allow user to choose a parent to determine if users can assign a parent to list items.
- If you enabled Allow user to choose parent, enter a Parent label and select a module from the Choose module dropdown.
- If you disabled Allow user to choose parent, you can select a Parent from the dropdown and select a module from the Choose module dropdown.
- To configure individual fields, on the preview, select the cog icon . You can:
- Toggle Validation rules, for example, Field is required or Allow numbers.
- If you enable Allow special characters, select All special characters or Just hyphens '-' and underscores '_'.
- If you enable Specify field length, you can enter a Minimum and Maximum value.
You can enter values for Minimum and Maximum values or only one value.
- Select Create.
Optionally, if you have enabled the submission of values for line items, configure the context selectors in the top-right of the Form designer.
- Select a value from the context selector to determine the default location where a form submits line item values within the module.
- Select the cog icon on the left of a context selector to show further options you can configure. Select Apply to save any changes made:
- Copy from page.
Enable this to make the form open with the same values on context selectors as the page it's opened from.
- Show on page.
Select: Off to not show the context selector on the form, Label to display the context selector as a label, or Selector to display the context selector.
- Levels to show.
Select the checkboxes under this to determine which levels of a list hierarchy display on the context selector.
- Copy from page.