In Anaplan, a page builder with workspace administrator role can overwrite existing role assignments to multiple pages in a single action. This overwrite can simultaneously assign roles while removing others.
By default, all users with access to the source model have access to a page. As a workspace administrator, you can restrict access through the Manage access option in an app.
A source model must already contain user roles. See more information on model roles and how to assign them. If no roles have been created in the model, you will not be able to restrict access to the page.
You can also restrict access to a page from within the page itself. See Restrict access to a page.
- On the app contents screen, select Options for this page > Manage access.
- Select Manage > Overwrite access.
- Under Choose roles to overwrite, use the drop-down to pick the source model that contains the roles you wish to overwrite.
A list of roles displays based on the selected model. If a model has no roles, no roles will display for the selected model.
- Check the roles you want to assign to a page. These roles will overwrite current assignments. If you:
- Select one, some or all roles, will result in all roles being assigned to the pages you select in the next step. Unchecked roles will be removed from the pages.
- Select no roles will result in all roles being removed from the pages you select in the next step.
The right-hand Select pages pane updates with a list of pages which support the selected roles.
Overwriting roles changes access to the selected pages, independent of current assignments.
- On the right-hand Select pages pane select the pages to which you wish to overwrite the role assignments. Check each page or, optionally, check Select all to select all pages.
- Selct Overwrite access to apply your assignments.